Margaret Hachey has been named one of the Top 10 Women Business Owners in Canada and now serves as the Managing Director of GroYourBiz, an organization that builds peer-to-peer advisory boards for women entrepreneurs.
At just 10 years old, Marg started out her entrepreneurial journey by sell guppies with her sister -- and she never looked back.
In today’s episode, Marg shares with us a few of the secrets that helped her build her blockbuster business PLUS why advisory boards play such a key role in business growth.
Here are are my Top 10 takeaways from today’s conversation:
1. No one of us is as smart as all of us – so make sure you’re a part of a larger community that can nurture your story and boost your business.
2. The answer is always no until you ask. So don’t be afraid to ask for what you want.
3. If there’s a gap in your skillset, surround yourself with people who will help you fill in the cracks of your knowledge and expertise.
4. Never underestimate the power of word of mouth marketing.
5. Partnership and collaboration are a smart way to grow your business and stretch your budget further.
6. It’s ok to break the rules. Give yourself permission and get comfortable with risk-taking.
7. Take the time to get to know your ideal audience and what matters most to them.
8. Embrace market testing; it’s the best way to create a product or service worth selling.
9. We all need support. Find your tribe and do what you can to support them in return.
10. Sharing stories is what connects us, empowers us and equips us for change.