In the most recent episode of the Power Your Platform Podcast, I'm sitting down with Elizabeth Verwey of Spoken Lives to talk about how mentorship can help us take our story to the next level.
As the author of the book The Mentor’s Circle, Elizabeth has mentored thousands of business owners over the past 25 years.
In today’s podcast interview, Elizabeth and I discuss the value of mentorship as well as how we can become mentors to those in our own circle of influence. We’ll also explore why it’s so valuable when women mentor other women, and how we can find a mentor of our own.
If you’re anything like me, then you’re have at LEAST one or two aha moment sin this episode – if not more!
Here are my top 10 takeaways from today’s conversation with Elizabeth:
1. Mentors are everywhere – we just have to keep our eyes open for them!
2. If you want to learn from someone else, the first step is let go of our resistance and ASK for help.
3. There are three types of mentors: formal mentors, informal mentors and accidental mentors. And we can benefit from all three types.
4. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, create it!
5. We have all the tools we need to launch our idea today – we just need to take the first step.
6. Start small and see where things grow.
7. Your reach and influence is often greater than you think.
8. When a woman mentors another woman, she often understands the complexities of the woman’s life.
9. When we help others, we heal ourselves.
10. Today’s Power Move is to create a list of 100 mentors and fill it with people you meet. You never know where mentorship will lead you!