Updated: Apr 21
In Episode 30, I’m pulling up a chair to the dining room table with two ambitious and talented sisters who have built a national brand that’s fueled by family and tradition.
Paula and Victoria Watts are co-founders of Pasta Tavola a food company based in the Bay of Quinte region.
Since starting their business in 2010, Paula and Victoria have evolved from selling fresh pastas and sauces at local farmers’ markets and then in their own retail store, to establishing a 3,500 sq foot manufacturing facility and taking their brand national in 2020.
In this interview, we discuss the story that’s the foundation for the Pasta Tavola brand, along with what it takes to launch and grow a business that flourishes, even in the midst of a global pandemic.
Hungry for more?
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s interview:
1. Be brave and believe you can do hard things.
2. Compromise is an important part of any successful partnership.
3. Build a brand that’s flavoured with authenticity.
4. Identify the core values of your brand, because they will become your foundation.
5. Be thoughtful and intentional when crafting your brand identity.
6. Take pride in the customer experience you deliver.
7. Commit to continuous learning.
8. Resilience is at the heart of any long-lasting brand.
9. Surround yourself with people who raise you up.
10. Always be innovating. Thanks so much for listening in to today!