Updated: Apr 21, 2022
In Episode 41 of the Power Your Platform Podcast, I interview Ingrid Gayle, the founder of Girl Boss Chess, a global collective of ambitious women on a mission to empower girls through the game of chess.
Girl Boss Chess is the world’s only online chess collective for girls and it tackles the gender gap in chess head-on. The result is that it inspires girls -- and women of all ages -- to discover and develop their inherent strengths.
In this episode, Ingrid and I talk about playful storytelling, confidence-building and what it takes to create meaningful change in the world.
So if you’re a fan of the Netflix series “The Queen’s Gambit”, then pour yourself a beverage and pull up a chair. Because this interview is for you.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s conversation with Ingrid:
1. The game of chess is a timeless pastime that offers us new ways of seeing the world.
2. Storytelling is a powerful tool for capturing our audience’s attention, no matter what age they may be.
3. Break down your big stories into smaller pieces to ensure they’re clearly understood.
4. It takes bold moves to create meaningful change in the world.
5. Purpose-driven businesses stand out from the rest.
6. Risk-taking builds confidence; so when you fail, get back up and try again… and again.
7. Confidence is everything – take every opportunity to build this quality in yourself and those around you.
8. There’s a power in coming together to create change.
9. It only takes one person to start a movement.
10. Leadership often involves stepping out of your comfort zone to do what has never been done before.
To learn more about Girl Boss Chess, visit https://www.girlbosschess.com/.