In Episode 44 of the Power Your Platform Podcast, we're dropping in on The Good Joy Podcast where I was recently a guest.
So I hope you’ll enjoy being a fly on the wall as Pamela Sylvan and I discuss various topics, including collaboration, confidence and the importance of listening to other people’s stories.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from this episode:
1. When we connect with others who aren’t like us, we become aware of our own blind spots.
2. When we’re collaborating, we’re not competing.
3. There’s enough to go around; if you succeed, it doesn’t mean I fail.
4. We can bring our own chair to the table that other people have built -- OR we can build an entirely new table and start our own conversation.
5. Mindset is one of the most important aspects of any business.
6. Our everyday language reveals our confidence level.
7. Collaboration requires that we contribute to the conversation as much as we take in other people’s ideas.
8. We need examples of strong women around us; after all, if we can see it, we can be it.
9. Diversity brings a new perspective to the way we view ourselves, the world and other people in it.
10. Paying attention to other people’s stories help us become more empathetic towards other human being sin this world.