Lighting Up Lives with Arrow It forward
Updated: Apr 21, 2022
Welcome to my first ever candlelit interview! Inside today’s episode, I’ll be talking to a fun-loving woman entrepreneur who’s lighting up this holiday season in a big way.
Emily Prout is the owner and founder of Arrow It Forward, a handmade home fragrance business based in Gananoque, Ontario.
Arrow It Forward specializes in creating room and linen sprays, reusable car fresheners as well as an innovative line of soy candles that are sure to bring a smile to your face.
With creative scents like “Adulting Is Hard”, “Mom Life”, “Hot Mess” and “Ugly Christmas Sweater”, it’s not hard to see what Emily’s customers have to smile about.
In this interview, Emily and I discuss everything from how she names her products and creates a stunning presence on social media to how she gets innovative when it comes to reaching new markets.
Here are my Top 10 takeaways from today’s conversation:
1. Inspiration is all around us, we just need to pay attention.
2. Find out what sets you apart -- and pursue it with all you’ve got!
3. Always have fun at work!
4. You are your brand. Don’t be afraid to let your light shine.
5. Ditch the social media rules and instead, start up a conversation with your audience.
6. Always be on the look-out for new and innovative ways to connect with your customers.
7. Be conscious of your time when you’re first starting out in business. Ask for help when you need it so you can spend more time in your zone of genius.
8. Sprinkle stories about yourself throughout your social media – they’re a great way to build connections with your core audience.
9. Partner with others to amplify your message and your brand.
10. Remember, when you follow your passion, you’ll light up the world!
And hey, the new year is coming – be sure to check out Emily’s newest candle which is named, “OK 2022 – You’ve got this.”