Updated: Apr 21
As a Story Coach I get to work with the most amazing women and I’m so grateful to know each one of them.
One of the things I enjoy most about the work I do is helping women connect the dots when it comes to their own story and the impact they want to make in the world.
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with one of my clients, Jenny Chandler, the owner of Simple Desk in Trenton, Ontario.
Jenny came to me a few months ago when she was interested in launching a new brand, one that was closely connected with her personal story. I loved that conversation with Jenny today because it took me back to the very first Story Coaching session we had.
So often when people come to me, they have a vague idea of what they want to do and what they want to say, but they’re not sure what to call it or which platform will work best for them.
In Jenny’s case, we were able to come up with a brand name which is Girl, You Deserve More. And what’s more, we were able to map out a course of action that would take Jenny from the concept stage to the implementation stage. And I’m so excited to say that she is well on her way to becoming a powerful influence for women who are looking for more, but aren’t sure where to find it.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s interview with Jenny:
1. Telling your story can be scary – but working with a story coach can help you get the clarity and confidence you need to get started.
2. Be your own cheerleader – and if you need some extra reinforcement, don’t forget, your coach is always by your side.
3. Acknowledge your fears and limiting beliefs. Keep a journal and refer back to it to see how far you’ve come.
4. Regular coaching sessions can help you move your idea forward, even on the days when you’re feeling stuck inside your head.
5. When we share our own life lessons with others, not only does it help someone else who is struggling, but it also reminds us of the power we have inside us.
6. There is no limit to where you can take your life. You just need to take that first step.
7. New opportunities will present themselves when we begin to take action.
8. A brain dump is a great place to start and an important part of any creative process.
9. Transformation is part of every powerful story.
10. There is always a ripple effect that takes place when we share our own story.