Updated: Apr 21, 2022
In Episode 59 of the Power Your Platform Podcast, I'm sitting down with a woman who’s created a counter-culture movement – and she’s making no apologies for it.
As a self-described serial entrepreneur, Dionne Baker has been the driving force behind several successful brands over the past decade.
From the launch of her first eCommerce store that went on to become an internationally recognized brand, to the projects she’s undertaken to help train and uplift other business owners on their own eCommerce journeys, Dionne’s passion for business, marketing, and everything in between has led to a storied career spanning multiple industries across North America.
Currently splitting her time between her apparel brand, Misfit Culture, and her digital training and marketing brand, ShopBoss Secrets, Dionne will be the first to tell you that her personal story is at the center of every brand she creates.
There's so much in this episode that’s going to make you stop in your tracks and think again.
Here are my Top 10 takeaways from today’s conversation with Dionne:
1. Make no apologies for who you are. Just be yourself and the magic will unfold.
2. Only when we accept our own story are we able to accept the stories of others.
3. We need to look for points of intersection in the stories of those around us, rather than finding points of division
4. Our own pain gives us the power to be truly empathetic towards others and their hard stories.
5. Sharing our story allows others to feel seen and heard.
6. Fear is the only thing stopping you right now from sharing the gift only you can share with the world in the way only you can share it.
7. Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. Give yourself permission to ramp up.
8. Critics often project their own feelings of insecurity and inadequacy on others – remember, it’s not about you!
9. Accept the fact that you can’t do it all. And don’t be afraid to ask for help.
10. Surrounding yourself with a community that shares a common set of values is a great source of energy and motivation.