Updated: Apr 21
In Episode 63 of the Power Your Platform podcast, I sit down to chat with Alyssa Zwonok, the founder and CEO of Nomad Cre8tive.
With more than a decade of experience in the digital marketing space, Alyssa has worked with everyone from large, enterprise clients to bustling startups. Over time, she has helped them build their brands from the ground up and exceed industry standards through top level creative direction and strategy.
After traveling the globe for a full four years and living abroad for another, Alyssa wasn’t ready for her traveling journey to end – so she decided to create a life for herself where she would work on the road.
She founded Nomad Cre8tive with the intention of empowering other creatives like herself to be able to travel the world, all while making a living, doing what they love most!
Today, Alyssa and I talk about how to build an authentic online presence, along with how to think about your social media content, build followers and establish a unique digital footprint.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s conversation with Alyssa:
1. Create a life that works for you. If you can dream it, you can do it!
2. Surround yourself with people who support your dream and who can help you make it a reality. None of us can do it alone.
3. Visibility is essential in today’s digital marketplace. It will help you create a strong online presence and sharpen your competitive edge.
4. Don’t try to be like everyone else. Instead, value your own unique perspective on the world and share it with others.
5. Stop relying on selfies and instead invest in a professional photographer at least once a year to ensure you have quality images on-hand that can be used throughout your marketing materials.
6. Establish 3 to 5 pillars inside your business to help keep you focused and provide you with plenty of ideas for your social media content.
7. Avoid putting all your eggs into the social media basket. You need to diversify the way you’re connecting with your audience in order to ensure the growth of your business.
8. Before you can unlock the power of storytelling inside your business, you need to own your story and be confident enough to share it with the world.
9. Happiness and growth in all aspects of your life rely on having a positive mental attitude – so be sure not to neglect your mental health in the midst of all the hustle to grow a business.
10. Pay attention to what you need, because when you consistently feed your mind, body and spirit, you’ll emerge as an unstoppable force for good.