Updated: Apr 21
Have you ever considered the possibility that you might be missing out on an entire audience for your brand or your business simply because you’re hanging out in your own cultural comfort zone?
Elizabeth is a specialist when it comes to Cultural Intelligence. She’s also a certfied Career Transitions, Entrepreneurship and Leadership Coach.
Today's conversation shines a spotlight on the way culture weaves its way through our personal stories, and has a profound impact on every aspect of our lives and business.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s interview with Elizabeth Hesp:
1. Culture plays a foundational role in the building of our own identity, as individuals and as businesses.
2. Storytelling is pivotal to building our cultural and personal identity.
3. When we share our stories, we create cultures of belonging wherever we go.
4. Your vibe attracts our tribe – so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
5. Turn your cultural lens inwards and recognize how your own biases and perspectives consistently shape your outlook on the world.
6. Self-awareness is the first step towards embracing cultural intelligence.
7. When we’re open to learning, we invite diversity into the room.
8. We need to be ready ask questions and to say “I don’t know” when stepping into new cultural situations.
9. Vulnerability is always a welcome trait when exploring a new culture.
10. We need to push ourselves outside of our comfort zone in order to forge new cultural experiences and lasting relationships.