Launching and Growing a Healthy Email List with Jennifer Baker
Updated: Apr 21, 2022
This week on the Power Your Platform Podcast, I'm chatting with Jennifer Baker, a marketing consultant and email marketing expert who’s helped hundreds of clients launch and grow their own email list.
In this episode, Jennifer and I chat about how to get started when it comes to email marketing PLUS how you can create relevant content for your audience that leads to list growth over time.
We’ also address the issue of email subject lines and get to the bottom of the mind block that’s holding so many women back from clicking the publish button on their first newsletter.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from my interview with Jennifer:
1. When building an email list from scratch, be sure to do it the legal way. Follow CASL legislation or the anti-spam legislation in your own region of the world.
2. One of the biggest challenges to overcome when launching that first email newsletter is mindset. And yes, we all face it!
3. Email subscribers are much more likely to be converted into paying customers than social media followers for the simple reason that they’re paying better attention.
4. If you don’t have an email list, start one today!
5. When creating content for your newsletter think value. How can you enrich someone’s life or business with the content you’re sending out on a regular basis?
6. Consistency is key when it comes to email marketing. However often you decide to share your newsletter, show up regularly with quality content and your email list is sure to grow.
7. It’s better to have a smaller email list comprised of interested people than a huge email list of unengaged subscribers.
8. Clean up your email list at least once a year to help keep it healthy and improve your open rates.
9. Keep your email content simple. Include a call to action and remember to always add value.
10. Tie your email content back to your paid offer. This will allow you to more easily convert your subscribers into paying customers.