Updated: Apr 21, 2022
In today’s Power Your Platform podcast episode, I'm speaking with a a woman whose purpose-driven platform has led her to perform at two Olympic Games. She’s also had the opportunity to share a message of hope with women around the world.
Performer and recording artist Jeanette Arsenault has been a singer/songwriter for the past 30 years. She’s also the founder of JAMS Canada which helps musicians strengthen the business side of their music and work at finding the balance between being creative and making a living as a musicpreneur.
In today’s episode, Jeanette and I talk about the power of music to transform lives and how we can inspire each other to be the best version of ourselves. We’ll also talk about a song Jeanette wrote called “Women of the World” and you’ll get to hear that song right here on the podcast, so stay tuned!
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s conversation with Jeanette:
1. The business of music is all about connecting with your audience.
2. It’s important to engage with your audience (whichever industry you’re a part of), because when you do, they’ll keep coming back for more.
3. Relying on external validation can be an emotional roller coaster ride; don’t be swayed by the wild applause of the crowd.
4. Whichever platform you use, shine your light into the dark corners of the world and brighten up the lives of others.
5. Don’t try to do it all on your own; build a team who can help you pursue your dreams and allow you to focus on what you do best.
6. Do what you can with what you have right where you are.
7. Surround yourself with people who are as passionate as you are about what you do; it’s one of the best secrets to making your business better.
8. Strive for quality in all that you keep and keep your skills harp.
9. Don’t take your audience for granted. Respect them enough to be your best and do your best.
10. Play as if the house is full every time.