Let's take a walk on the wild side! My guest in Episode 93 of the Power Your Platform Podcast is Jess Spooner, an environmentally focused entrepreneur, guide, coach and speaker based in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Jess specializes in working with clients who are looking to reconnect with nature and live life off the beaten path.
As the owner of Rewild Wellness, Jess has some great insights to share with us today about sustainability, community building and eco-psychology.
In this episode, we talk about pausing for effect and the power that nature has in helping us rediscover our story.
Jess also points out that 90% of Canadians spend 90% of their time indoors. Let that sink in for moment – and hey, if you can, why not take this podcast outside today?
Even if it’s for a stroll around your suburban neighborhood, getting outside can help increase your creativity, your productivity and improve your overall mental health. All great reasons to spend time outdoors, wouldn’t you say?
Today’s conversation with Jess reminded me why I love to spend time in nature and how it helps remind me of who I am and the purpose of my story whenever I make the effort to reconnect with the natural world.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from today’s conversation with Jess:
1. Rewilding is all about returning to a sense of freedom that comes with being in a natural state.
2. Being alone in nature can help you rediscover your inner voice and come back to the core of who you are.
3. We need to give ourselves permission to reclaim our own thoughts and viewpoints about the world around us.
4. Fun, play and child-like creativity are all a part of the rewilding process.
5. Spending time outdoors is for everyone –so ask yourself when was the last time YOU reconnected with nature?
6. Each new landscape holds stories for us to discover; the more we explore, the more we learn.
7. You’re never too old to be what you might have been.
8. Spend time outside every day – no matter what the weather may be.
9. If walking in the woods makes you nervous, find a public park or open green space where you can reconnect with the natural world.
10. Today’s power move is to examine the thoughts you have about spending time outdoors and notice the stories you’re telling yourself about what it means to connect with nature.