If you’ve ever struggled with the idea of being visible and speaking your mind, then today’s episode is for you.
My guest on Episode 84 of the Power Your Platform podcast today is Megan Hamilton of ubu Skills, a speaking, visibility and confidence coach for women and nonbinary people.
Megan has used her classical theatre training and 25+ years of performance to build a step-by-step speaking system that not only allows you to deliver incredible speeches, but also provides her clients with a framework to have difficult conversations, build their confidence and increase their visibility.
In today’s episode, we talk about where true confidence comes from and how we can take action when our brain tells us to take cover.
PLUS, we also discuss the power move that you can make today to help you put today’s content into action.
Here are my top 10 takeaways from today’s conversation with Megan:
1. Know what lights you up. Then go ahead and make your life whatever you want it to be.
2. Know your own process for solving the challenges you face; then share it clearly and consistently with your core audience.
3. Realize that you already have the tools to be seen and heard; all you need is the confidence to step into your purpose.
4. As you move through your day, recognize and acknowledge the systems of privilege that have been established there and who benefits from them. Then go ahead and challenge the status quo.
5. The only one who can truly build your confidence is you.
6. Having conversations with others about what moves you and what upsets you is a powerful part of the process of finding your own voice. There’s a power in sharing our story with others.
7. When it comes to being visible in the world, remember it’s more about substance than polish.
8. Keep showing up, using your voice and stepping outside your comfort zone.
9. We need to acclimate once we reach a new level of success; this will allow us to pause and prepare for the next level.
10. Today’s power move is to write down the things that are holding you back from taking action on your dream. Then break down those ideas into manageable pieces and take one step every day towards your ultimate goal.