My guest on Episode 24 of the Power Your Platform Podcast is Theresa Bailey, founder of Starfish Synergies which is the exclusive provider of Play-Doh Power Solutions corporate training.
Theresa trains professional problem-solvers using one of the most iconic children's toys of all time. How much do you love that?
Theresa attributes her success to believing that real change happens when you tap into your intuition, get outside your comfort zone, and surround yourself with a trustworthy and talented team.
In this interview, Theresa and I talk about unleashing the power of our own creativity and building teams that take a fresh approach to problem-solving.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from my chat with Theresa:
1. When we engage multiple senses in our problem-solving, we’re naturally more creative.
2. Rediscovering our Creative IQ is a big part of become innovators, both at work and in life.
3. Flexing our creative muscle daily helps us deal with new challenges more effectively.
4. All species who play as infant animals do better as adult problem-solvers.
5. We’re never going to do thing differently until we start thinking differently.
6. Trying new things can help us move past our creative blocks.
7. Unlearning is sometimes a part of the creative process.
8. You need to carve out time to be creative and spontaneous!
9. Always stay open to new opportunities.
10. Surround yourself with people who cheer you on in your personal growth and development.